Seeing many people eager to install SQL Server 2014 SP1, gave me the perfect opportunity to post an article on “Installation of SQL Server 2014 SP1”. Go through the “below–mentioned” steps for installing SQL Server 2014. I have performed these steps for configuring the SharePoint 2016.
2. Click on “Installation”
3. Select the “New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation”.
4. If you have valid license key or else please select “Evaluation” version.
5. Accept the “License terms”
6. I have selected the updates. So, please do the necessary actions based on your requirement.
7. Now, you will see this below mentioned screen. Please ignore the warning messages for “Windows Firewall”.
8. Select “SQL Server Feature Installation”
9. Select “Database Engine Services” and “Management tools”
10. Please provide a name for SQL Server instance ID.
11. Please provide the credentials if you have these accounts set up in your environment, or please leave it blank.
12. Click on “Add”
13. Please provide the farm account details. In this case I have used the “Administrator” account.
14. Now your software is Ready to Install. Please click on “Next”.
15. You will get these details once the SQL Server 2014 is successfully installed.
Please download the SQL Server 2014 SP1. Now, you can run the SQL Server 2014 SP1 on above this.
I hope this information will help those people, who are preparing the SharePoint 2016 standalone environment for development purposes.
Softree Technology employs SharePoint consultants, who are experienced in writing for a multiplicity of SharePoint verticals including technical, promotional, creative, branding content, cataloging and ethical media comprising journalism.
With more than 10 years of industry experience, these professionals have the best resources to deliver optimum results. They have been satisfying customers with some of the best SharePoint Strategies.