IT preview of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016 has been hooked up on the internet since August 2015 and everybody has been digging up its features since then. For those who weren’t able to install the the application, our Offshore SharePoint developers have inscribed a comprehensive article on Installation of SharePoint 2016 Server.
This article mainly describes the steps for installing the stand-alone SharePoint 2016 server without domain controller.
Note: These steps are only for configuring SharePoint 2016 environment for development or learning purposes.
Go through this article for installing SQL Server 2014 in your environment.
Please follow this article for installing SharePoint 2016 prerequisites.
After successful installation of both SQL Server 2014 sp1 and SharePoint 2016 prerequisites, go through the following steps…
2. Enter the product key for SharePoint 2016 server. If you want to install the trial or evaluation version then please find the key from Microsoft sites.
3. Please accept the license agreement.
4. Select the path where you wants to have this software to be installed. Then press “Install Now”
5. Now, it will ask for “Run Configuration Wizard”
6. Once the SharePoint configuration wizard window appears then press “Next”
7. Please press “Yes”
8. Now make sure “Create a new server farm” is selected/enabled.
9. Please provide the database server name. Here I have installed database in same server where SharePoint 2016 is installing. If this is the case, then provide “localhost”.
Note: Now you can provide the farm account details which is “Administrator” in my case.
10. Now you will see this below mentioned screen with an error message. This will only happen if your account is not an AD account.
11. To overcome this issue, please open SharePoint 2016 Management Shell as “Run as administrator”. Copy thebelow mentioned command and paste it on your management shell. Then you need to provide the database server name and Passphrase name. Now execute this command from this management shell.
Note: Never forget your passphrase details as this is required when you try to connect to your existing SharePoint 2016 farm.
New-SPConfigurationDatabase –DatabaseName SharePoint_Config –DatabaseServer <provide database server name> –AdministrationContentDatabaseName SharePoint_Content –Passphrase (ConvertTo-SecureString SharePoint2016 –AsPlaintext –Force) –FarmCredentials (Get-Credential) -localserverrole SingleServerFarm
12. Now it will ask for the credentials. Please provide the credentials details in form of “computername\Administrator” and then enter the correct password.
14. Now you can see the details as its shown below. Please make sure “Do not disconnect from this server farm” is selected. Then press “Next”.
15. Please provide the port number for central administration web application. Then press “Next”
16. Please verify the details about your configuration as its shown below. If everything is correct then press “Next”.
17. Now “Configuration SharePoint Products” will try to install all respective components.
18. If everything goes well then you will get the “Configuration Successful” message as its shown below. Now click on “Finish”
19. Now it will prompt for configuring your SharePoint farm. If you want to configure it right away then click on “Start the Wizard”.
20. Please select “Use existing managed account” and click on Ok/Finish button.
Now your SharePoint farm has successfully configured and you can open the Central Administration to verify the things.
Hope this article helps you in installing the SharePoint 2016 standalone environment without AD or domain controller account for development purposes.
Softree Consulting employs SharePoint consultants, who are experienced in writing for a multiplicity of SharePoint verticals including technical, promotional, creative, branding content, cataloguing and ethical media comprising journalism.
With more than 10 years of industry experience these professionals have the best resources to deliver optimum results. They have been satisfying customers with some of the best SharePoint Strategies. In case you need experts for Offshore development for SharePoint 2016, we have got you covered.